The girls enjoyed camping out that night and Whitney did a great job of starting the campfire with Dad. I guess he had taught her all about it on their last camping trip while I was at Girls Camp. This is Whitney getting the fire going to the correct/safe way and this is Dad showing how to do it the fast/Boy Scout way. The other two sat at a safe distance supervising the madness.
We've decided it's about time to buy a family tent after sleeping all five of us in our 3 man tent. The next day after swimming at the campground pool we headed to the Assateague Island Wildlife Refuge where the famous wild Chincoteague ponies are. We went on a 1.5 mile hike to where we could see some of the ponies and came across some other wildlife to include the rare Delmarva Peninsula Squirrel, a large black snake, and a few frogs.
Afterwards we headed to the beach for some combat sunbathing and swimming. I don't think I've ever been to a beach when it has been so crowded and this was late in the afternoon when many were already leaving.
2 comments:
Looks so fun! That's a seriously high rope to climb. Did you see Misty on the island?
That picture of the girls is picture perfect...too cute.
Post a Comment