Jim and I signed up to do the Mud Run put on by the Seabees and Seals at a local Navy base. The run was 5 miles long through the waves, forested singletrack trails, fording a river, running through multiple mud pits, and the majority of the miles in loose sand up and over many sand dunes with the finish being the infamous mud crawl. It was a fun race but being in the fourth wave of runners we hit many bottlenecks along the way where we had to walk or wait in line to get past obstacles. We were grateful to finish in just under an hour and 25th out of the 100 couples. Next time I need to spend at least a little bit of time running in the sand as preparation but otherwise was pleased with the result as I've run only about 4 times since having Jonas. There's more action pics here and here.
Afterwards I got to clean off by spending the afternoon "chaperoning" a youth beach activity. I enjoyed spending the afternoon boogie boarding and teaching some of the youth how to ride. When I walked in the door to quickly shower and change before we headed out again for the evening, Whitney immediately met me and was saying, "It was an accident Mom!" I guess as Jim was getting the kids showered and cleaned up he had set Jonas on the bathroom rug while he dried off Maren. Whitney opened the shower door and not seeing Jonas there cut his head and hand with a sharp corner on the bottom of the door. Poor kid already being beat up by his sisters.
4 comments:
Poor little guy! They always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
He'll definitely have to be tough. That race sounds awesome. 25th place doesn't seem to bad either.
So is there anything you can't do Katie...you are the most athletic go get 'em girl I know! Great job.
I love the before and after photos.
Post a Comment