Friday, June 19, 2009

Can we say addicted?

So we arrived home from our morning errands the other day to find this sitting in a box in our living room just waiting to be put together. So we now have a rather large piece of new furniture sitting in the kitchen until we find a storage place for it. Unfortunately our large kitchen is becoming the storage shed overflow for our bikes and other gear. It's time for a house with a garage!


My question is why we need a basket with what little yard we have but I'm told it's for practicing putting at home. Just don't throw from too far away otherwise the pit bull next door might be having your disc for dinner. I think all the kids in the neighborhood were out playing today. Jim kept coming in to get more discs for them but don't worry we have more than enough to go around!


Though I must admit that the large box has provided hours of entertainment for the girls as they have turned it into a little house with a door, windows, and pretty wall decorations. Maren even decided it was a great place for a nap yesterday.

I'm not anti-disc golf as it is a relatively cheap sport and something we can all do as a family on occasion. I just don't love it to the same degree that Jim does. However, I might go play in my first tournament next week with Jim.

On another note, check out these cute "happy meals" from Bakerella. A friend at church made some of these for all the fathers at church and they turned out awesome.

3 comments:

Di said...

Definitely he's addicted. I can't believe you guys now own your very own basket. Crazy Jim, Crazy!

Lark said...

Yep, I would say he's addicted...you guys definately need a huge garage to store all your "toys"!

Jeni said...

Now that's the perfect little play house. I think it's so fun to see the kids make something out of nothing and it's like their most prized toy.

Good luck at that disk-golf!