First of all I have to say that it is a lovely evening here at home. Jim is at work until midnight and the girls were in bed asleep by 7 tonight. An hour earlier than usual but they had a busy day and were getting to be mighty cranky. The peace and quiet is heavenly!
I love this season of the year as the leaves change color and a chill enters the air, there is something about autumn that just speaks to my soul. I don't know what it is but this has always been my favorite season of the year. Maybe it has something to do with the beautiful colors, the comfort foods we eat at this time of year, or the first chance to get cozy with our sweaters and hot cocoa. I feel as though I haven't really had a chance to enjoy this year with all that we've had going on. Maybe the girls and I will have to go for a little hike this week to see more of the beauty than what we see from the windows of the car. Speaking of the car, we seem to spend a lot more time in it now making the 20-30 minute roundtrip twice a day taking Whitney to and from school.
Here's a short rundown of some of our recent fall activities (besides the continuing remodeling which hopefully will be complete the 26th when the carpet is installed). Whitney finished up soccer just before Halloween. She quickly picked up on how to play the game with this being her first season and loved every minute of it. I think her most favorite things were scoring 2 goals, playing goalie, and getting a trophy at the end of the season. One night we sent Whitney to get dressed for her game and when it is almost time to leave we find her dressed only in undies and shinguards and Maren has her soccer jersey on so between the two of them they were close to being ready! Soccer season was quickly followed by the Halloween festivities. My YW at church were in charge of putting on the trunk or treat activity the Wednesday prior and then we joined some friends to trick or treat and go to a party on Halloween night. The girls also enjoyed cleaning and carving the jack-o-lantern. Whitney designed the face this year and carved it with a bit of help.
No comments:
Post a Comment