Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day?

We pull up to drop Whitney off at preschool this afternoon and I notice there aren't a lot of cars in the parking lot. It wasn't a scheduled day off so we head on in and meet a teacher as we get to the doors who tells us that school is cancelled for a "snow day". I'm totally blown away given the fact that I haven't seen a single white flurry today and the roads are totally dry. I guess the one of many weather computer models that showed we might get 1-3" of snow today was enough to scare the district into cancelling school. However Whitney is now ready for all the rain we do get here, thanks to her Nana-san and Papa-san. This is the first time she's had rain boots and she is so excited.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

That is really funny!

Whitney looks so cute and ready to go.

CK Morgan said...

Those boots are cute! School is canceled up in Washington for about that much too ;) Hope you guys enjoyed the day off!