Thursday, February 5, 2009
Goodbye, dear Altima...
We got rear ended a few weeks back causing some damage to the left rear corner of the Altima. We had taken the car into the body shop this week for the repair work to be done. They had initially estimated the repairs to be fairly minimal but upon removing the damaged bumper they found more damage to multiple body panels pushing the repair cost above the value of the vehicle so the insurance totaled it. It was somewhat sad to be losing our beloved Altima that has carried us on trips from the southern US border across the northern border, from west coast to east coast and many adventures in between over the last few years. Many good memories were made with that car carrying us on our way. We had planned to get rid of the green beater when we purchased a bigger vehicle in the next few months but we'll have to hold onto it. I guess it's time to get a little more serious about buying that new car! Goodbye, dear Altima!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss our black Explorer that we gave away because it had so many memories attached to it and lots of road trips. I totally understand how ya feel. I hope you guys weren't hurt in the accident. Have you been eyeing any particular type of larger vehicle yet?
Post a Comment