Our time in VA has come to a close and we loaded the truck with the help of friends and the youth from church. The next day was spent cleaning and then we hit the road for UT. Thirteen states and 8 days later we arrived at our rental home in the suburbs of Salt Lake City. We saw a lot of beautiful scenery of this country on our trip from the tobacco and peanut fields of southern VA, over the beautiful Appalachian mountains, through the rolling countryside and farms of PA and OH, along the shores of the great Mississippi river, across the plains of Kansas, through the snow capped mountains of CO and WY and then into the mountain valley of the Great Salt Lake. Our trip included stops to sightsee in Kirtland, OH and Nauvoo, IL and a stop in KS to spend time with family and take the boat to the local reservoir for some fun. Above is a picture of our caravan with a 26' moving truck and the Sequoia pulling the boat loaded with bikes and a few other items. Needless to say it was a tight fit to get it all in. The girls loved taking turns riding in the truck with Daddy. They thought it was fun to be so high up. We kept the kids entertained with DVD players in both vehicles so it made for a happy ride for everyone. Here is a picture that Whitney wanted to take with the Michigan sign since her teacher is from there.
Lastly a picture from the front of our rental home. We just can't get enough of seeing the beautiful snow-capped mountains each day (though the clouds are covering the tops of them this day)! We are enjoying our much larger rental home with such amenities as a big backyard with a tree swing, a garage, an office with a door to keep little kids out, and more than enough room to play and explore.
6 comments:
Glad you guys got there. And I can't believe how fast you got to Utah. Have fun house hunting.
You guys inspire me. Now, how do I convince my wife to drive with a boat in tow for our next move? Any ideas? :) Welcome to your new home, and I'm sure you're getting that CALL OF THE WILD everytime you see the mountain tops. Will be in Utah shortly for a short vacation. Maybe a sleepover? Send us and e-mail before this friday. Thavee
Sounds like FUN!!! As much work as it is and as sad as it is to leave friends behind I think moving is fun...well I will believe that once I am on the down side of our move.
That picture of your neighborhood with the sidewalks, green grass and trees and oh those mountains...I don't think one can ever get use to those, what a new place!
We have a bunch of points on our credit card to use for hotel nights so we are going to drive up north to Philly, NY and Boston before flying to Korea. We are going to be in hotels for 6 or more weeks...just say a little prayer for my sanity. Do you remember the Dragon Hill Lodge in Korea...we just made our reservations and I am so excited.
Hey I just finished reading THE SECRET LIFE OF BEES, it was so good. I told Ben and Madi about the punishment of kneeeling on grits. Now I want to rent the movie. Thanks for that suggestion. Now I am onto TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD...I have never read it before.
Hope you settle in fast and enjoy summer and that boat!
I bet it was a gorgeous drive. We made the cross-country drive in the middle of winter and had to race south to beat the major winter storm that hit the East coast at the end of January. Your new place definitely has beautiful views. I am a bit jealous especially since everything here is brown right now.
Moving is always fun! Enjoy your new rental home- that view is great!
Glad you made it. Can't wait to see your new place in person.
Post a Comment