Sunday, March 7, 2010

Adios mi amor



Such is life as a military wife- the phone rings just after midnight and then your husband is on a plane heading halfway across the globe in less than 36 hours to return at an indefinite time (likely 1-3 months). Hopefully he will have the opportunity to do some good for the Chilean people that have been devastated by the recent earthquake. In the mean time, the rest of us will continue on with the preparations for our upcoming move by selling the house, car, and other necessary business. For now, I'm going to start by cleaning up the rubble from the natural disaster that seems to have hit our home in the last 24 hours!

7 comments:

Di said...

OH Katie! I'm so sorry. And with so much to do before you move. These are the times you want to scream that you decided to sign on the dotted line of military life. Hang in there

Lark said...

I don't know how you do it...But you are an amazing woman, so I know your family will survive! Good luck with the coming months. Wish we still lived a few blocks away so we could help each other out.

Deborah said...

WIsh we were there to help you out like you helped us.

Jim is going to come home with lots of stories and experiences. We'll be thinking of you guys.

CK Morgan said...

oh my goodness...and right before the move. Hopefully everything goes okay. We love you guys!

Shaulan said...

Sorry Jim had to leave, but I'm sure he's giving a lot of great help there. Bad timing, though. I hope he's not gone too long so you don't have to do EVERYTHING before the big move! Wish we could help! Just send Whitney out here for a visit- we'll keep her busy!

Dre said...

Katie- I'm sending good thoughts your way that all will go smoothly and time will pass quickly.

Jeni said...

Holy moly Katie. I haven't been over to your blog in a while...I had no idea Jim was gone. Good luck getting some things ready/done for your move. It stinks but it's also so neat to serve like that and think of the things he will experience. Plus look on the bright side...next year at this time you won't ever have to worry about that happening again. Sure hope it's only a month though before he can come home to help you out.