Sunday, May 24, 2009

Random visitor...



The other day I sent the girls out front to pick up some trash that had blown into our yard. They came back in a few minutes later and said the neighbor had a turtle. I was thinking that the neighbors must have some cute little pet turtle that they happened to have outside. Well an hour later I happen to be walking by the front storm glass door and see this big turtle sitting on our front porch looking like he was waiting to be let inside. By the time I got a camera out he'd climbed into the flower bed and hung out there for awhile. I called animal control not knowing what to do as he wasn't the most friendly looking and had some sharp looking claws that I didn't want to get near. He disappeared before animal control got there but they said it sounded like a snapping turtle and they are common in the area but not to touch them as they have a painful bite. Where he went in 15 minutes time is beyond me as it took him an hour to make it from the neighbors porch to ours. In talking to the girls later they had just seen the turtle on the neighbors porch and thought it was theirs. Luckily they had been smart enough not to try and touch it!

No comments: