I came within a foot of this the other morning while out running!
it is called a Virginia Oppossum. You don't normally see them as they are nocturnal but this one had found it's way out onto the bridge that I run across to the base. I didn't know what it was until I was right upon it and with cars flying by on one side and the wall of the bridge on the other side neither of us had anywhere to go so I skirted by as quickly as I could while he showed his displeasure by hissing and showing his jaw full of sharp, little teeth. Luckily on the way home there was less traffic so I was able to run into the road to get around. Definitely woke me up though!
5 comments:
that is one of the MANY reasons that I don't get out and run in the morning (or ever)!
Man, you are lucky he didn't come after you. You are brave for going out there by yourself in the first place. I say...Gold's Gym!
I can't believe you had the presence of mind, and a camera handy, to take a pic! I hate those things. They are so ugly.
It's an image from wikipedia but it's exactly what it looked like!
I grew up with these in my yard - stealing our avocados! They hiss! Good picture!
Post a Comment