Friday, July 4, 2008
Happy Independence Day!
It is interesting being in the country that we declared our independence from on this day. As expected things are fairly low key here. However it gives us a chance to reflect on the reason we celebrate this holiday beyond the BBQ's and fireworks. Jim and I ran in a 5K race this morning at a nearby base and then they have a festival with fireworks over there later this evening. We're going to go to a church BBQ this evening that is within viewing distance of the fireworks but is in no way an Independence Day celebration due to the majority of British citizens in the ward. We hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating this great country of which we are citizens and the freedoms we enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Did you move? I missed the post that said it, if you did. Looks like you guys are having a BLAST THERE! Happy 4th!
Hey, thanks for the comment. I wrote you an email, but I'm not sure if I have your recent address...so let me know if you get it. THANKS!
Post a Comment